Wednesday 9 April 2014

I wonder...


 WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.
Remember we can question before we read…
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
 We can question as we read… 
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
 We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?

This is my I wonder chart...and I am wondering about goosebumps and butterflies.

  • I learned to: write down my questions before I start reading
  • Most challenging was: thinking of some ideas and questions
  • Next step is to: to add more ideas for the I wonder chart
It is important to record you thinking so you can remember your ideas and it can be tricky to come up with wonderings at the start. You are making predictions about your text before you read and your are starting to ask questions to 'tune in' to your text. These strategies will help you to understand what you are reading.Your next step is to keep adding ideas and wonderings to you chart as you read, this will help you become an active reader.Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment